INFORMATION ON THE SAMPLE MATERIAL
• CORTISOL-CHECK-1 can be performed with whole blood, plasma or serum of the
• The sample material should be collected under the standard laboratory conditions
(especially in such a way as to avoid hemolysis).
• If anticoagulant is needed, only citrate, EDTA or heparin should be used.
• When the test is to be performed with whole blood, fresh samples should be used
(< 4 hours).
• At 2–8 °C, the whole blood, plasma or serum can be stored up to 48 hours. If the
test is to be run after 48 hours, the sample should be stored at minimum −20 °C.
Completely thaw samples before testing! Avoid repeated freezing and thawing.
• Do not use lipaemic or viscous plasma or serum.
• Mix the sample material well before use!
• Keep in mind that the sample material, as well as all used test-kit components,
should have reached room temperature at the time of application.
• ATTENTION: Partially fi lled and / or insuffi cient mixed EDTA, Citrate or Heparin
tubes could create interference effects resulting in unspecifi v test results.
5. SPECIMEN PREPARATION
No specimen preparation necessary.